WHO ARE WE?
- Mifflin Construction is one the UK's leading structural steelwork contractors, established for over 65 years with a highly experienced and forward-thinking team.
- Based in Herefordshire, we serve the UK's construction industry by fabricating over 6,000 tonnes of structural steelwork per year.
- Our typical project size ranges anywhere from 100 up to 1,500 tonnes and we provide competitive packages nationwide.
- We are proud of our family heritage - now in the 3rd generation, we are continually driving the company forward on our founding principles: we will always make the difference.
- We have developed and nurtured long-term relationships with many of the largest main contractors in the country and strive to deliver industry-leading service levels to all of our partners.
WHAT DO WE DO?
- Mifflin Construction specialises in the fabrication and erection of structural steelwork.
- We are able to provide other services such as the supply and/or installation of pre-cast concrete planks, stairs & lift shafts, metal decking, steel stairs & edge protection.
- With our emphasis on building and maintaining long-term relationships with our partners, we are entirely flexible in delivering on their requirements - we work across all sectors in the industry:
- Our experienced project management teams are ambitious and driven - they always relish the challenge.
- We've recently been awarded CE Execution Class 3.
Take a look at one of our recent projects working alongside Buckingham Group at Milton Park in Oxfordshire:
© Milton Park
THE MIFFLIN STORY
- Founded in 1951 by Ernest Mifflin.
- The company specialised in the construction of agricultural buildings to support the booming, local farming industry.
- As the business grew, the company acquired its current site in 1962 on Worcester Road, Leominster.
- In the 1970's, the business recognised the growing demand for steel-framed buildings and was refocused to deliver complete construction packages in both the agricultural and industrial markets.
- The second generation joined the business in 1986 when Alan Mifflin took over the reigns following a 9 year finance career in the retail & automotive sectors.
- Mifflin Construction's strategy was transformed in the 1990's to focus on structural steelwork-only projects in the Commercial & Industrial sectors. This resulted in the first CNC machinery being utilised in the factory.
- In 2004, we underwent a major restructure with a £1.5 million investment in both new buildings and machinery.
- Following the investment, we grew rapidly and achieved a record £10 million turnover in 2008. By strengthening our relationships and enhancing our reputation, it enabled us to grow into all of the sectors of the construction industry that we now service today.
- In 2016, the third generation joined the business to continue and build upon the success of our family business - Mifflin Construction.
- As I'm sure you can tell already, family is important to us - what makes us unique is that we treat all of our partners like they are our family too.
- No challenge is ever too great. We will always endeavour to do what's right and what's best for our partners.
- Safety is fundamental. We ensure Health & Safety runs through the veins of the company.
- We have a zero tolerance policy and comply to many of the widely known accreditations used throughout the construction industry.
- Much like our own family, we will always put our partners first.
- We believe in long-term relationships and that only works if you look out for one another - it's relationships that turn 'clients' into partners.
- Throughout every step of a project, we will ensure nothing is left to chance - we believe in knowing the detail and will never cut a corner.
- It's what we've been founded on. We take great pride in the product and service we provide our partners.
- Our employees are highly skilled and trained - we believe they are some of the best in the industry.
- We assure the quality of every product that we fabricate in our workshop. That's right, we check every single item! We don't accept anything less.